FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS
The University College of Tourism and Ecology offers education in three faculties: Leisure and Tourism, Computer Sciences and Social Sciences. All departments within each faculty are accredited by the National Accreditation Commission. Within our University students can pursue a bachelor’s degree, an engineering degree or a master’s degree.
Graduating from the Faculty of Leisure and Tourism enables employment in the local government units, regional development agencies and tourism offices. Our students can also gain additional skills during free coaching workshops in self and career management. Graduates obtain a bachelor’s degree and may continue their education to pursue a master’s degree, which prepares them for work in the tourism and hospitality companies and associated industries operating both in Poland and abroad.
The Faculty highlights:
- 1st place among Polish universities providing tourism courses, according to the ‘Tourist News’
- One of the most attractive internship programmes allowing our students to serve their internships in Poland and abroad
- Courses in English
- Opportunities to gain additional qualifications, eg: foreign tour manager, leisure organiser, fitness instructor
- Individual Career Path for the best students
Studies at the Faculty of Leisure and Tourism are aimed at those who wish to pursue careers as managers of tourism facilities and venues or find employment in tourism, hospitality and catering industries that operate domestically and internationally. Our graduates can also work in other areas of professional activity, such as: sport, recreation and leisure facilities, wellness centers, tourist information centers and public administration. The Faculty boasts alumni who are employed in such renowned companies as: London Luton Airport, the Marriot hotels, BP Rainbow Tours, BP Wezyr, the Nowotel Hotel, the Qubus Hotel, International Cracow Airport, International Katowice Airport, Silesian Tourist Organisation, city councils, Babia Góra National Park, Park of miniatures in Inwałd, Sunflowers – travel agency and corporate tourism center, AmericanTours International.
The Faculty of Computer Sciences aims to prepare professionals who wish to pursue their careers in the IT sector. Our graduates find employment in global IT companies (working as: programmers, system analysts, graphic designers or webmasters). They can work individually or in a team either as software engineers or project managers, implementing newly designed or already existing computer systems for companies designing and developing software. Gaining practical skills and knowledge of the Internet technologies provides our students with vast opportunities to find work as designers of the Internet applications, including applications related to the electronic business. The knowledge of multimedia technologies enables our students to find employment in graphic design businesses and companies producing games and films.
The Faculty highlights:
- The University offers state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities, which are crucial for studying computer science.
- Students acquire programming skills in main languages and software environments and learn to implement and verify software components according to their specification.
- Our excellent staff delivers comprehensive knowledge of the IT field and the latest technologies.
- The Faculty provides its students with free internet access in the University internet cafés and a free wi-fi zone in the entire facility.
- Computer science is a dynamically changing field. Therefore, we place a special emphasis on developing students’ analytical thinking and the ability to put knowledge into practise.
The Faculty’s alumni work in such companies as: Infonet Projekt, Sygnity in Cracow, Smart4avations, Comset S.A, ConSol, Hutchinson Poland, Mobiltek, Fideltronik Imel Sucha Beskidzka, Comarch, Sabre Polska, Cracow Delphi Technical Center, DLK 24.
The Faculty of Social Sciences educates future experts in communication consulting and specialists who can find employment in advertising agencies and the media. We prepare highly qualified personnel for advertising and marketing departments of various businesses and professionals responsible for creating the image of public figures, companies and organizations. Our graduates work for the press, radio and television editorial offices, advertising and PR agencies, web portals, public administration, local authorities, government agencies, business and social organizations, international institutions, parliamentary and senatorial offices, advertising, marketing and mass media departments in various industries.
The Faculty highlights:
- Internships at the European Parliament in Brussels
- Modern majors tailored to the needs of the labour market, eg: Journalism and Social Media
- Cooperation with the media: TVP Kraków, radio RDN Małopolska, Gazeta Krakowska
- Academic staff: PR practitioners, radio and television journalists
The Faculty’s alumni are employed by such companies as: TVP Katowice, the well-known production company Rochstar, Trade Fairs in Cracow (the marketing department), Gazeta Krakowska, Zepter International (as sales managers), the Agency for Restructuring and Modernisation of Agriculture, City Council of Wisła, Cultural Centres, TTG Poland, information services and portals.
Graduating from the University College of Tourism and Ecology enables young people to find attractive jobs all over Europe – the University is one of the leading centers in Poland educating tourism and IT professionals. The Academic Careers Office, which cooperates with the best companies and entrepreneurs, helps our graduates develop their careers. UCTE alumni are highly sought after and valued by employers across Europe.